Penguin Telecom, Inc. is an Engineering Design Services company with expertise in wireless communications, networking and microprocessor-based design. I have extensive experience taking box, board, and FPGA/ASIC hardware designs from concept to production with first-build success, including schedule-critical low-level embedded software design and integration.
Schematic Design and Capture
Penguin Telecom uses a correct-by-construction philosophy for symbol generation and schematic capture. Techniques from net naming conventions to semi-automated bus verification are used to ensure a correct schematic.
Board-Level Design and Simulation
Tight layouts require tight control. I perform integrity simulation on high-speed buses and signals from 100 MHz to 3+ GHz, and on all clocks.
FPGA Design and Simulation
A well-developed design methodology and engineers expert in VHDL and Verilog allow Penguin Telecom to provide logic design services either stand-alone or as part of a larger project. Test benches are provided with all designs.
Software Design and Coding
Rather than try to be a general purpose software shop, we focus on the software closest to the hardware using subcontractors as required. Areas of expertise include GPP and DSP bring-up, device drivers and networking.
In order to protect your data, Penguin Telecom has a full set of information security in place including anti-virus, anti-spam, hardware and software firewalls and off-site encrypted secure backups.
Penguin Telecom has the following tools:
Additional software we use includes Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Visio and Access. Other project-specific tools are used as required.
- Altera Quartus II (FPGA Place & Route)
- Cadence OrCAD (Schematic capture, symbol generation)
- Perforce, Subversion and CVS (Concurrent Versions System) (both for version control and configuration management). Git under evaluation.
- Fog Creek Copilot (Remote help)
- Mentor HyperLynx BoardSim (Post-route PCB signal integrity analysis)
- Mentor PADS PCB Viewer (PCB route verification)
- Microsoft Project (Project scheduling and reporting)
- ModelSim Altera and Xilinx Edition-III (FPGA logic simulation and verification)
- SynaptiCAD TimingDiagrammer Pro (Timing analysis)
- 37 signals Campfire (Group chat, technical support)
- Xilinx ISE Foundation (FPGA Place & Route)
Copyright (c) 2006-2007, 2009 Penguin Telecom, Inc.
Penguin Telecom, the Penguin Telecom logo, the stylized penguin and "Innovative. Efficient. Persistent" are trademarks of Penguin Telecom, Inc.
Trademarks and registered trademarks used are the property of the respective companies.